Join us for a special program developed especially for educators that will forever change the way you view yourself, your students and the world around you.
The Charter for Compassion and CIT’s Global Education Network are presenting a special Four-Part Program for educators and administrators, including:
- Compassionate Integrity Training (CIT) course meeting twice a week for 5 weeks
- Self-Paced Certification Program in SEE Learning
- Monthly Seminar Sessions
- Level 1 CIT Facilitator Training
Finish the CIT course and move on to take any of the other three offerings. The SEE Learning Program can be taken independent of the CIT course.
First: The CIT Course
The program begins with a special 5-week Compassionate Integrity Training course. CIT is a multi-part training program that cultivates basic human values as skills for the purpose of increasing individual, social and environmental flourishing. By covering a range of skills from self-regulation and self-compassion to compassion for others and engagement with complex systems, CIT focuses on and builds towards compassionate integrity: the ability to live one’s life in accordance with one’s values with a recognition of common humanity, our basic orientation to kindness, and reciprocity. These skills will help you in and out of the classroom by:
- Increasing one’s self awareness and recognition of personal emotions
- Identifying personal values and goals
- Regulating one’s own emotions and behaviors
- Appreciating compassion for others’ backgrounds and cultures
- Developing skills to build and maintain healthy relationships
The course content focuses on: Calming Body & Mind, Ethical Mindfulness, Emotional Awareness, Self-Compassion, Impartiality and Common Humanity, Forgiveness and Gratitude, Empathic Concern, Compassion, Appreciating Interdependence, and Engaging with Discernment.
Click here to read what other educators have said about their experience with CIT.
Dates for CIT Course: two separate sessions are being offered:
- 2 pm Pacific Time: beginning on May 4 and continuing every Monday and Wednesday until Wednesday, June 3. These sessions are primarily for North/South America, New Zealand, Australia and Japan (date is one day ahead for Pacific countries).
- 9 am Greenwich Mean Time: beginning May 4 and continuing every Monday and Wednesday until June 3 . Sessions are primarily for Europe, Africa, Middle East, the subcontinent, and Southeast and East Asia.
Please check the world clock for offering in your particular part of the world.
Then: SEE Learning Program
SEE Learning Program is offered by Center for Contemplative Science and Compassion-Based Ethics. It provides educators with a developmentally-staged curriculum consisting of easy-to-implement lessons, the conceptual framework used to design the curriculum, and resources for educator preparation and development. SEE Learning empowers students to engage ethically as part of a global community and provides educators with the tools to support student well-being. Take as an on-line modular course to match your personal schedule.
Add: Monthly Seminar Sessions
These will be offered: June 17, July 15, August 12 and September 16 at 2 pm PST and 9 am GMT and are a follow up to CIT and SEE Learning. The seminars will present an opportunity to share thinking, ideas and a venue to explore new avenues for use of CIT and SEE Learning skills.
Optional: Add a Train the Trainer Program
Level 1 CIT Facilitator Training is available to participants who complete the CIT courses and wish to train others in the skills of CIT
Certificates are awarded for successful completion of:
- The CIT course by Life University and the Charter for Compassion.
- Level 1 Facilitator Training by Life University and the Charter for Compassion.
- Certificates are awarded for successful completion of SEE Learning by Emory University’s Center for Contemplative Science and Compassion-Based Ethics
The full price for CIT is $250.00. Based on Life University’s guiding principle of Lasting Purpose: To Give, To Do, To Love, To Serve – Out of a Sense of Abundance, however, registration for this course is based on what you can afford. If $250.00 exceeds your financial means, then pay what you can based on the options provided during registration. If you are blessed with abundance, please consider a larger-than-$250 contribution to offset those who cannot pay the recommended rate. If none of the pricing levels is within your means please contact us email@example.com.
The Level 1 Facilitator Training course costs $500, but is also priced based on Lasting Purpose.
Some full scholarships are also available.
Seminar sessions and SEE Learning sessions are free.